Thursday, July 7, 2011

Korea's Green Season (+ Jason's Bday and a Winter Olympic Update!)

The scenery has changed drastically since winter time. With all the rain everything is green and bright. Thank goodness! I thought I'd show you all a few pictures chronicling the changes.


Before, winter time

Before, dead

The street when I moved in, building under construction in the back left

Ta da! Today, the building is done! Its a preschool.

Backyard garden

Some beautiful homes in the neighborhood

Green trees!

Another garden, this time a large front yard plot


Secret gardens galore

Beautiful home, look at that gate!

Community garden

My home, above the truck, windows open

My country school, Jijeong, keeps their own garden. The teachers and principal keep it up!

Oooh, inside the beautiful green house. We eat the lettuce at lunch.



JiJeong, my country school

Out my window on a stormy, rainy day

And now just for fun, some pictures of Jason's birthday celebration! I snuck around and got all of this without his knowing, so he was very surprised and happy. He's old now, 25! Or 27 in Korea! 


He just got a haircut, finally!

My partial present.

I love the hat!

Coco cake from Paris Baguette




And lastly I'm just gonna throw this in, Korea's Pyeongchang has won the Olympic bid for the 2018 Winter Sports! When Jason and I went to skiing in February, we went to Pyeongchang! I was so happy for Korea when I heard this news!! I'm sure everyone was so thrilled to hear the news, its Korea's third try for the winter Olympics. I think it is a perfect excuse to come back to Korea. Read up on the story in these articles, and be sure to watch the videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment