Monday, October 4, 2010

Wonju Apartment Tour

I'm sure I've said it before, but I am so fortunate to live in such a wonderful apartment this year! As part of my contract my school provides me with housing, they pay the rent, I pay the utility bills. Although I don't have air conditioning, I do have awesome floor heating called ondol. I turned part of the floor heating on last night to see how it worked and the place got very warm, very quickly!

Here is a quick tour of my place: 

View of the kitchen. Nice big sink, medium sized refrigerator, lots of space.The door on the left leads to the storage/trash room. The door on the right is the bathroom.

View opposite the kitchen. You can see the dining table, couch, ottoman, TV, the door to the second bedroom/office is on the left, and the glass doors in the center lead to the patio/washing area.

Another view of the living space. To the right is the front door/entryway.

View when standing next to the dining room table. The cabinet in the entry way is for your shoes. The door leads to the bedroom. 

Bathroom. No tub but enough space. The floor is submerged and tiled.

The view of my street (it was raining). My apartment building is the gray one on the right, its only 2 years old. I'm on the second floor out of three, on the right, you can see my patio windows. 


For contrast, a glimpse of what Jason's apartment looks like. He's on the 11th floor and its nearer the river. Yet only 15 minutes from mine. (Ok this isn't really his apartment, his are actually to the left, but close enough, they all look the same.) 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel and I are very jealous. Your apartment is like a mansion compared to ours.

    Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete